● Don’t keep vehicles in your house
compound without locking.
● Two wheelers should be kept in the safe places
after tying with a chain and lock.
● When you park your vehicle in the parking area,
ask somebody to keep an eye over it.
● Never leave the vehicle door unlocked nor the
windows partially open.
● Make sure that quarter glasses are properly
● Never leave the key dangling in the ignition.
● Double-check all doors (including the boot) to
ensure that they are properly secured.
● Etch registration number of your car on the rear &
front window screens and windowpanes. Do not leave
valuables in your car even if it is locked.
● Cut down on extra fittings, as these tempt
● Install a car alarm.
● Never leave important documents in the glove box
● Never identify your key ring with your name.
● Do not offer a lift to anyone you do not know.
● If someone needs assistance, stop some distance
away and communicate through locked doors and
partially opened window.
● Always park in a high-traffic, well-lighted area,
● Install a mechanical device that locks to the
steering wheel, column, or brake to prevent the
wheel from being turned more than a few degrees.
Commonly called clubs, collars, or J-bars. These
devices can act as a highly visible physical
deterrent if installed properly
● Never leave valuables in plain view, even if your
car is locked. Put them in the trunk out of sight.